Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
joek546
Level 7

I think the IR sensor on Rkoku 2 is bad.

I have Roku 2 and has standard IR remote.  One day after a power reboot my remote stop working.  I changed a battery, got a replacement remote but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to test or check if the IR sensor on the receiver is bad?  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: I think the IR sensor on Rkoku 2 is bad.

The only way you can be sure its no longer working is prove you two roku remotes are working fine, check the remotes be pointing them at cell phone camera as you press a key, if you see flashes then the remotes are working. Then that means the roku isn't working.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
joek546
Level 7

Both remote lights up on the cameras so at least the IR is being transmitting.  Still hard to verify the sensor's working or not and if it could be fixed or not.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

The Roku 2 HD is model 3000, first released in July 2011. Honestly, if it's not functioning correctly, it's time to toss it. That player is no longer supported by Roku, it won't get any further updates, and frankly is extremely underpowered compared to what's available now from Roku, Amazon or others. Netflix is dropping support for it as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if other channels begin failing. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos