Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OhKaaaatie88
Level 7

I'm not sure how to do this.

So I'm having issues... Someone moved out & left me with her TV with a little roku box but accidentally packed up the remote. So I downloaded the Roku remote on my phone & set up an account but due to the box not being in my name it won't do it... How do I switch this?! It's got me stuck on stupid & I just wanna watch TV🙄

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I'm not sure how to do this.

You'll want to do a factory reset, but before you do get a remote.  All the boxes work with many universal remotes that state they support Roku on the package.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I'm not sure how to do this.

Is it a roku box with hdmi input, or a stick with hdmi built-in? Whichever it is you're going to need a remote, if its roku box you can get a way with cheap universal from he dollar store or target. If its Roku stick it will need a true Roku wifi remote. That's if its not purple, if it is purple then its a 3500 stick and there are no remote available, making it absolutely useless.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos