Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I lost my remote

Jump to solution

I lost my remote while we were currently moving! Is there any way possible 2 sit up from mobile app 2 connect to new network with no remote? I have serial an model number on product but not original packaging

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: I lost my remote

Jump to solution

Nope, can't be done.  You can try setting up your new Wi-Fi to match your old Wi-Fi (same SSID and password) and hope it connects.  Otherwise you must have a physical remote and if it's a stick you must have a Roku remote.  If it's one of the boxes you can find cheap universal remotes that support Roku at many big box stores or even the dollar store.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

I don’t have hotspot on my phone. And I moved so I have new internet service. How do I connect my phone remote to the tv?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote

Jump to solution

@Quana 

Sorry but you can not control the Roku tv using your cellphone app until your roku and cellphone are on the same internet network and password. Initially you will need a REAL remote to do that. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: I lost my remote

Jump to solution

Nope, can't be done.  You can try setting up your new Wi-Fi to match your old Wi-Fi (same SSID and password) and hope it connects.  Otherwise you must have a physical remote and if it's a stick you must have a Roku remote.  If it's one of the boxes you can find cheap universal remotes that support Roku at many big box stores or even the dollar store.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

moved to new location and can't connect to wifi - no original remote

Jump to solution

I moved 30 miles to a new location.  Same TV, same Roku player.  When I attempt to connect to the new wifi, the message is "couldn't connect".  I am using my iphone as the remote.  I contacted Roku support via online chat and was told I must have a Roku remote for set up to wifi.  I am a techno-peasant, but this doesn't make sense to me.  My original Roku remote stopped working 2 years ago.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: moved to new location and can't connect to wifi - no original remote

Jump to solution

You can't use the app until your Roku is connected to your network, so the information you got is correct.  You can try setting up your new Wi-Fi to match your old (same SSID and password) and hope it connects, otherwise you need a physical remote.  If it's a stick, you need a Roku remote.  If it's anything else you can get by with a cheap universal remote that supports Roku.  You can find them at most big box stores or even a dollar store.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Lost ip address

Jump to solution

I have a roku stick. I lost the box and remote. All I have is the serial number. Trying to get it to stream through the remote on the roku app. Is that even possible. I have wifi and just can't figure it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Lost ip address

Jump to solution

@BOOGEYE 

You need a Roku remote to connect a stick to your Wi-Fi; it doesn't have an IP address until it's connected.  If it was ever connected to some Wi-Fi and you can set up your current Wi-Fi to match that Wi-Fi (same SSID and password) then it may connect and then you can go back to using the app.  Otherwise, you need to get a Roku remote and if it's a purple stick then your only hope is ebay and it's really not worth it to revive a purple stick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

How to set up WiFi on Roku express after reset without remote

Jump to solution

I moved and my Roku wouldn’t connect to new WiFi. Tried the hot spot thing. Didn’t work. Did a reset. How do I get it to connect to new WiFi if I don’t have the remote?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: How to set up WiFi on Roku express after reset without remote

Jump to solution

You can't not without a remote sorry. It being an express you don't need a true roku remote, can just get a cheap universal remote with roku listed. 

Edmund
0 Kudos