Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a streaming stick and ordered a new remote it’s called voice remote

I have a streaming stick ordered a roku voice remote and it won’t pair 

it blinks when batteries are inserted but pairing screen never comes up 

I shut down and removed batteries and restarted multiple times 

I contacted roku for  help they just told me to do what I already did and to buy the exact same remote that’s not pairing ???? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: I have a streaming stick and ordered a new remote it’s called voice remote

Is the pairing process you followed?

1) Remove power from the Roku for a few seconds then plug back in. This will make the Roku receptive to the pairing request from the remote.

2) Open the remote's battery compartment and bring remote near the Roku . Trying from across the room may not be good enough.

3) When Roku has booted back up from step 1), press and hold pairing button in remote battery compartment for 3 seconds or more - a quick push won't do it.

4) LED in battery compartment should start flashing and continue to blink until the pairing is complete.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

What model Stick do you have? If it's the 3500 (purple case), then that remote won't work on it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

@atc98092 wrote:

What model Stick do you have? If it's the 3500 (purple case), then that remote won't work on it. 

Good catch!  Smiley Happy

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My stick is black 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@4chocolate wrote:

My stick is black 

That's still not enough detail. All that means is you don't have a 3500. But there were models (3400/3420) even before that one, and I doubt that remote works on those older ones either. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@4chocolate 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide the serial number/device ID on the streaming stick? With that information we will be able to identify the model number of your remote and recommend you the appropriate replacement remote.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos