Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I Want to Stop my Enhanced Roku Remote from Turning on TV and Controlling Volume

Try answering NO to being able to hear the music in the remote settings. I did this after resetting to factory default settings, but I had to go through the entire activation process again. You may be able to accomplish the same result by just going into the remote setup. Good luck!

0 Kudos
dlg521

Re: I Want to Stop my Enhanced Roku Remote from Turning on TV and Controlling Volume

Your solution worked by stopping on Code 2. It's very important to watch the progress and stop when the ROKU remote stops controlling the TV. THANKS!

0 Kudos
Rick1210
Reel Rookie

I have tried the solutions people have offered, including the one where you keep clicking "no" to the music being off and watch it try new codes (and when one of the codes fails you say yes and it says you're finished) . What has happened uniformly is that either the power button turns on and off both the Roku and the TV or it will not even turn off the Roku. It is all or nothing.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@Rick1210 

No current Roku responds to power command, the power keys on Roku remotes are strictly for Tv's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rick1210
Reel Rookie

Then why does my Roku turn off? 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Some recent Rokus have the option to go into a low power state after a period of inactivity (about 20 minutes I think.)  You can turn that off in settings if you don’t like it.

0 Kudos
Rick1210
Reel Rookie

There have been a few times when I was trying the ways suggested in this thread to turn off the remote's ability to turn on and off the TV (it really shouldn't be that hard!) that I've pressed the button to turn things back on, and the TV comes on and indicates it isn't getting a signal from Roku. I have to manually turn Roku back on. It was off again this morning. When I get home I'll check the possibility you pointed out.

0 Kudos
Woody1942

I am having the same issue with my ROKU and LG tv. I have a Panasonic tv in another room so I took the ROKU and pared it with the Panasonic then re-connected it to the LG......problemed solved.

0 Kudos