Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABrown

Re: No Pairing Button On New Remote

Jump to solution

A replacement remote will work and I am surprised that you don't know this

I feel it easier and to Roku as a company to keep the customer Happy. You should research like I did. You may already know but you want to sell remotes.

I initially have been happy with your products that carry the TCL & Roku name but now I am a little discussed due to your responses to customers. 

The only beneficial response was to contact TCL or Roku for a replacement remote.  

TCL was more helpful than you.  

I found that all I had to do was perform a reset for. TCL TV.

Remove the batteries frome the remote. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds pointing it at the TV.  Then put the batteries back in the remote.  Then unplug the TV from the power source. Push the and hold the TV power button for 15 seconds. Plug the TV back in to the power after 15 seconds.  Make sure you are using fresh batteries. I want to add. Point the remote at the TV and it should. If it does not work for your model TV contact TCL. The are happy to help with resetting the TV to pair with the new TV Remote. 

0 Kudos
ABrown

Jump to solution

I found that all I had to do was perform a reset for. TCL TV.

Remove the batteries frome the remote. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds pointing it at the TV.  Then put the batteries back in the remote.  Then unplug the TV from the power source. Push the and hold the TV power button for 15 seconds. Plug the TV back in to the power after 15 seconds.  Make sure you are using fresh batteries. I want to add. Point the remote at the TV and it should. If it does not work for your model TV contact TCL. The are happy to help with resetting the TV to pair with the new TV Remote. 

Roku employee are not research before responding. 

Worked for me.

jbacun
Reel Rookie

No Pairing Button On New Remote

Jump to solution

I bought a Express 4k+ with voice. My remote does not have a pair button and it won't pair automatically. What can I do?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jbacun, the pairing button should be in the battery compartment.  If there's a microphone button on the front, there has to be a pairing button on the back (inside the battery compartment).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

What do u do

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same remote it won't work on my older small roku box

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You did not mention the model of Roku, and what kind of Roku you have? A remote without a pairing button is an IR only remote. If you have Roku Stick it is completely useless, since Sticks only use wifi remotes, a type of RF remote. Roku's that accepts IR remotes can be two types, console Roku's like the ultra, express, or premiere. Then there's the Roku tv, it uses a different IR code set then consoles do. So, what do you have?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jbacun
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To be honest the new remote works on my old Roku so I simply gave up.....

@Confusedguy wrote:

What do u do

0 Kudos
Sambam84

Jump to solution

I .have the same problem. The remote I bought is a Hisense Roku TV remote without pairing buttons and my Roku TV is a Hitachi. In the menu it asks me to use the pairing buttons on the remote. Is there any way around that?

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Sambam84 Are you sure that the pair button is not on the battery compartment?  If not, you have the wrong brand remote.  Hisense does not own the Hitachi company in any shape or form.
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos