Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to switch back to a traditional remote?

I don’t like using the remote app on my phone. How can I switch back to my traditional remote?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: How to switch back to a traditional remote?

Uh... put batteries in it and start using it?  What model number Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’ve done pretty much everything from replacing batteries, to resetting the roku’s to throwing the remote agonist a wall...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

And, it pisses me off that roku is impossible to contact? I shouldn’t need to ask others for help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

I agree, but this forum is still your best hope.  You need to give us the model number of your Roku.  It should be written on it somewhere.  Is it a stick that plugs directly into an HDMI port on your TV or a little box that connects with an HDMI cable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

One is a 3800RW...it’s the stick. The other is older and is the box. I’d have to check the model number. It was an accident setting both of them up on the app. I didn’t realize it would do it automatically. Also a bunch of **bleep** lol.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Make certain you use the right remote with each Roku, depending on the model. The stick models MUST use a WiFi-direct remote. Non-stick models support IR, and many also support WiFi-direct, even if they don't come with out out-of-the-box. You can also post the model numbers of the remotes. It is probably in the battery compartment, and typically starts with "RC".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

thank you. I will double check. But I haven’t switched the remotes from the rooms the roku’s are installed. Just made the accident of downloading the app and opening it. 😔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Using the app doesn't affect the remotes, so something else is going on.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Ok. Weird...thanks!

0 Kudos