Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J3nn1f3r

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

I thought it was just me having this issue! At first I thought I was buying cheap batteries like getting energizer batteries from the dollar tree. This time I bought some expensive Duracell batteries and within 2 weeks, I am replacing the batteries.   I have spent more money on batteries than the total cost of a new remote. Wtf is going on? I am switching back to my appletv, android users say how overrrated they are but guess what it WORKS! If I have a problem I can speak to a human, I dont have to worry about the battery, or paring a d$&mn remote. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@davidblack1963

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Sanyo here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tacomg

Jump to solution

This shoud answer everyones question. Its not the that the remotes are faulty, its the technology thats faulty. Roku should address this. Think it would be simple for a billion dollar corporation to do so.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-the-batteries-always-dead-when-I-pick-up-my-Roku-remote-control

0 Kudos
shelinoell
Reel Rookie

Remote keeps draining batteries. ME TOO!!!

Jump to solution

I am having this problem too with my 4360X Roku Premier+ but strangely it only started happening a couple months ago and only with both of my voice remotes.  If I use a regular remote, it doesn't seem to happen.  Could one of the system updates be the culprit?  I'm having to change batteries every two days at least.

0 Kudos
shelinoell
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries. ME TOO!!!

Jump to solution

In addition, I do not have this problem with my other Rokus (express and premier)  It seems to be with the remotes themselves, and in my case, the voice remotes.  But we've had the 4630X premier plus, as with as the voice remotes that came with them, for over a year and this problem only started occuring a month or so ago.  At first I thought it was just a bad batch of batteries but then I bought energizers which last forever and am having the same problem.  I do Not have this problem with my basic remote (to my knowledge).  [personal information] s/n YR00A6371339

0 Kudos
vfab

Jump to solution

Mary,

Same problem as the poster.  Eats a pair of batteries every week or so.

Serial: YH006C967792

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @vfab

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Since the associated device to your affected remote is a Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810X), we have released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing.

Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About

Please keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@shelinoell

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ac9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My elderly mother purchased a soundbar in June and the remote constantly drains batteries. What is the solution? Is Roku going to replace these or is there a software update?

Very frustrated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @ac9

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku Soundbar associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our Support team for further assistance. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos