Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkadiLifdis
Level 7

How to reprogram remote

I bought 2 replacement remotes for my Roku players (they're basic players - not the streaming stick). Because the ones I bought could also pair with a smart TV (which I have), I decided to try pairing one to my tv. Unfortunately, not only did it not pair to my tv, it unprogrammed the remotes so neither one of them work with any of my Roku players. I tried unplugging the player, taking out the batteries, replugging it in and reinserting the batteries but none of that worked. Is there some way to reprogram the remotes to work with my players or am I just SOL? They're not enhanced remotes...just have the volume controls on the side and a power button on top.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: How to reprogram remote

Roku tv remotes have power buttons and volume keys, but are worthless to Stand Alone(SA) roku console rokus like the express and premiere. If the remote also have microphone button then its wifi and can be paired to all roku tv's and most Stand Alone Roku's, express 3700 being one that it won't pair with. 

Only Wifi remotes would have tv controls like power and volume commands for non-Roku tv Roku's, simple IR remotes don't have tv controls. Do the remotes you bought have pairing keys in the battery compartment? 

Edmund
0 Kudos