Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlB-W

Re: How to remove the back of my remote to replace batteries

My new Roku remote has a one piece back; not two like the old one. How do I get it open?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

You may have a Voice Remote Pro which is rechargeable.  Check if it has a Micro USB port under the Purple Roku tag.

http%3A%2F%2Fimage.roku.com%2Fw%2Frapid%2Fimages%2Foem-spotlight%2Fc2b46cbd-04fd-497e-8210-d2923f69a801

0 Kudos
jlambo

my remote does not have 3 lines anywhere on it...it does have an indented spot ...I have pushed and pushed down and both ways across and the back does not move..there has to be a solution....this is a brand new unit and it can't be this difficult to remove the back...my email is jklamb@zoominternet.net...phone is 724 264 4101...this has to be resolved...

MBJ1984
Reel Rookie

The new version Roku voice remote is rechargeable. The cover doesn’t come off. There are no three groove dots on the back. The new version Roku voice remote is rechargeable. The cover doesn’t come off. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Maybe the cover doesn't come off of the Voice Remote Pro, but it can certainly be opened. Why anyone other than me would want to open it is another question. 🙂
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
cdorchard
Reel Rookie

Insane. 

0 Kudos
cdorchard
Reel Rookie

Really. That's your response. Use your teeth. Are you a dentist?

0 Kudos
cdorchard
Reel Rookie

Didn't work for me. Bummer.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@cdorchard, boogernose was booted out of here long ago for stupid responses like that.

There's a few different designs of Roku remotes (and as was stated, if it's rechargeable it's not meant to be opened), so it's not really possible to give you good advice without knowing what you have.  For the ones that just slide open try attaching a big piece of duct tape to the part that comes off (always the back bottom section and by bottom I'm speaking of the end farthest from the Home button) to give you something to hold onto and pull straight down.  Once you open and close it a few times it will become more and more easy to open.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
cdorchard
Reel Rookie

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. That did the trick!

0 Kudos