Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to keep the App Remote from having others control Roku TV

So I have roommates that like to mess with me and they get on my roku tv and mess with it when I am on it. Is there any way to keep them from having them on my account with out having to worry about the WiFi because we all share the same one. Thank you 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to keep the App Remote from having others control Roku TV

@Mamacook01 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend creating a PIN for your Roku account.

For more information about a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?

Alternately, you can also disable mobile app control in Settings. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I’ve got the same problem. Is there a way to  Set a pin so that anyone using the remote app has to type in the pin in order to be able to use it to control my Roku tv/other Roku devices.

Level 7

Me and my wife have the same issue with the person we are temporarily staying with he had connected his spectrum remote and downloaded a remote on his phone for my tv because I hid my actual remote so he’d stay off it he’s been trying to control it ever since I got the tv is there a way I can block both remotes ? So he will stay off my **bleep** tv?

0 Kudos