Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to get to right side of search menu

I have Roku Premiere and when I use the manual search with the ROKU remote I can see the list on right-hand side of the screen but none of my keys work to get to the selection list. Any idea's? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How to get to right side of search menu

I have the same problem.  Very frustrating.  I thought I had found that I needed to add enough letters to weed the field on the right to a small number - but today that doesn't work.

Occasionally it will jump across with the right arrow, but mostly it just stops at the end of the text box.

I've found that the voice search is not really usable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

I would try unplugging the roku power and let it reboot, and then see if it clears it up.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Unplugging and rebooting does not help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

So the right cursor key worked to enter the name of the title being searched? And it works on the home page to move around the apps, but won't work to select a searched response?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That is correct - sort of.  In all cases the right cursor key works just fine except:  after I have my search results displayed on the right side, the right cursor won't "cross over" from the left side keyboard to the right side search results.  It will move to the right side of the keyboard, but no further.  I hear the "bonk" from the TV indicating that the command was received, but the "cursor" stays on the keyboard - no way to get to the right side results.

This is sometimes, but not always.  And, it might be specific to a particular channel called VEVO that has music videos.  That is, on VEVO I can sometimes get to the search results and select, but sometimes I can't.  Right now I am not certain that I have experienced this on any other channels (but I may have).

I'll investigate further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Not sure how the community works so you may have this.  I think the answer to your question is that you use the right arrow key.  Once you have your search results on the right, move to the right with the right arrow key - all the way to the right edge of the keypad - then one more push and the "cursor" should jump to the search results.  Now you can navigate and select your movie, etc.

I think that is how it is supposed to work.

0 Kudos