Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victor0126
Level 7

Re: Issue with volume button not working

Jump to solution

That worked for me too! Thank you.

0 Kudos
Beejis
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just had this issue and I finally figured out how to correct it for those who are still having the volume buttons not working. Unplugging the HDMI and plugging it back in did NOT work for me.

I have the HDMI stick and what worked for me was to go to settings-> Remotes & devices-> Setup a new device-> 

Go through the steps of setting up a new device and boom it will hopefully work. Good luck!

0 Kudos
kingsfamilyof8
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had the same issue with both my rocky remotes. The column buttons do not work. It turns the tv on and off just fine. It controls the rocky just fine, but does not turn up/down or even the mute doesn’t work.

0 Kudos
kingsfamilyof8
Level 7

Jump to solution

You are amazing thank you! It worked like a charm!

0 Kudos
Shadowgate
Level 7

Jump to solution

If anyone is having an issue with the volume keys not working on your Roku remote. Go to settings on the main Roku home page on your TV and select "Remotes & Devices" then "Remotes" then "Gaming Remote" and then "Set Up Remote for TV Control".

It will then ask if you hear the music and then again if the music has stopped. Worked for me 1st try.

Hope this helps.

Mattyb717
Level 7

Jump to solution

Which settings to modify existing remote. Can’t find a setting that lets me edit a current remote. 
thanks

0 Kudos
ThaiBruin
Level 7

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, those of us with RokuTVs don't have the option of setting up the remote for a different device.  It either works or it doesn't.  Sometimes I'll turn on the TV and the volume will work... and 90% of the time, it won't.  No idea what's going on, but I really do hope it gets fixed soon.

0 Kudos
JAWNOLA
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Volume and mute buttons quit working about two weeks ago. Bought a new remote and found the same problem continued to exist.  THEN, read the instructions that came with the new Roku remote.

Go to the Roku home screen, take the batteries out of the remote, put the batteries back in, press the Pairing button in the battery compartment for about 5 seconds (a green light will begin to flash), the tv will show the remote is pairing to the tv, hold the remote pointed at the tv for about 30 seconds.  The tv will display a couple of questions about hearing music - answer these.

After doing this, the remote worked like it's supposed to. 

Now we have 2 properly working remotes.

0 Kudos
Amosa
Level 7

Re: Why is the volume button on my Roku remote not working?

Jump to solution

Go to Roku home, settings, remote & devices, remotes, set up remote for TV control. I followed these steps and got my volume to work again. 

Additional resources you might find helpful:

gddiii
Level 7

Jump to solution

arborist doesn't want info on how to do a private message. arborist wants access to the solution you hopefully provided in a PM. In an open forum, why won't you share the solution openly?