Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustrated31
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Roku remote that constantly stops working (even with fresh batteries)

Jump to solution

I have had the same problem since we've had our Roku. Every 2 months I have to buy a new remote. It doesn't matter if it's fresh battery's not fresh batteries it's crazy. Extremely frustrating and using the app on the phone is a pain because then you can't use your phone. I mean you can but you're constantly going back and forth between different apps It's effed up! Also in order to reprogram the remote you have to be able to have the buttons on the remote work to let it know whether you're hearing music or not hearing music, except you can't because your remote doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote constantly stops working, even with fresh batteries

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  What is the point of constantly asking posters for all their exact info, and "what the issue is"? These requests promise you'll be able to help them further, except this thread has been ongoing OVER TWO YEARS, and I've yet to see one post from any of the Roku employees that follows up, much less offers up any kind of solution for this issue. Do you think we're all deaf, dumb, & blind, and don't see these pointless requests & never fulfilled promises of help? 

Unless Roku plans on actually fixing any of these issues, or making a remote that works, why bother & frustrate your customers more, by asking them to jump through more hoops, then doing nothing to help... This is quite tiresome, and hardly the way to gain loyal customers or encourage us to refer others to go Roku....

Re: How to fix Roku remote that constantly stops working (even with fresh batteries)

Jump to solution

Voice remote with 4K+ roku. Remote will lose all functionality after awhile.  I can pop one battery out and back in and it works fine. I start a movie and watch it and the remote no longer works. I pop out the battery and put it back in and it works.  I went through all the troubleshooting procedures and made sure the batteries were all new at least 1.5 volts. Reset the roku by unplugging the power AND HDMI. 

No clue as to why the remote will restore function when one of the batteries is popped out and back in.

Any answers?????

lamv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problem.

Voice remote on Roku+, new batteries, paired, intermittently stops working, can switch to iphone roku app and that will work most of the time.  When stick is powered off/on works again, for a while then repeats.

Is this a remote issue or an issue with the stick?

Very frustrating, I have a new 4k roku w/ remote in another room and it appears to work fine.

How do we fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hersh-O-Matic @lamv

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dannymight

Jump to solution

Just got a brand new Roku device, express 4k with voice remote. The remote works fine with the Roku device, and pairs with the tv to control the volume and power, but only controls the tv for a few seconds. I can reset everything by powering down device and removing remote batteries and the remote works correctly again, but then a few seconds later it stops controlling the tv functions again. This is a new device, just updated, with a remote that controls Roku perfectly, using the new batteries that came with it. The player is perfectly visible and accessible. I can go through the setup, with the "do you hear music" function, and it will NOT find a suitable code. However, when I run that setup after the power-down reset, it WILL find a proper code during the few seconds it is operable. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dannymight

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps suggested in this link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jdaaz

Jump to solution

Who have you actually helped? Two years of the same response. My remote is 5 months old and it's garbage. Maybe you should start recommending for people to buy a Firestick. My Firestick is two years old and not one problem. Wish I had seen all these post before buying a Roku for my bedroom TV. Total. JUNK.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @jdaaz

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

If you have tried the suggestions in the link I posted above, reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote. As mentioned, it can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll forward it to our team who will assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lamv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza,

My SN is YH00C4421998, I sent it to Danny but never got a response.

I hope you can help, my device is always loosing the connection to the remote.

-Lamv

0 Kudos