Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sawyer_mad

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I had to change my batteries every 2 days until 3 nights ago when I threw it away. I had just put new batteries in it & half hour after doing so, I grabbed the remote to change channels and it was warm to touch & I could smell something hot kinda like electrical wires burning does & I took the battery cover off & went to remove them & they were hot enough that I couldn't get them out without using something because I was afraid they would blow up or something.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

Hi @terrybowman @FERGY @sawyer_mad,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the battery drain issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Arranger
Reel Rookie

My 4 Roku remotes are failing

Jump to solution

Two are for the Ultra using AA cells and two are for the Streaming Sick + using AAA cells and they are eating batteries all the time. I might get a week out of a pair. Do I have to buy the new rechargeable remotes to solve this? I love my Roku systems but if the remotes don't work I'll have to select other devices. I'd hate to spend $120 on four new remotes.

0 Kudos
terrybowman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The serial # of my 3800rw is yf0052303718.

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
javatrail

Jump to solution

just got my Roku about 3 weeks ago and have already gone through 2 sets of Duracell batteries.  I see this has been an ongoing issue with others.  Is there any light in the tunnel?

0 Kudos
jasonkeeler11
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote battery and pairing

Jump to solution

The software update for the remote did not fix the battery drain and pairing problem. The remote still does not stay paired for longer than a minute. And batteries drain if left in the remote. Please advice.

Jason

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @javatrail @jasonkeeler11

Thanks for the posts.

Please reply here with the model and the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About or at the back of the device itself.

We'd love to help you out.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jasonkeeler11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sure. Model for remote is RC-AL2 and fcc I'd is TC2-RCB14. Streaming stick+ with the remote has device id C237C8512234.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you, @jasonkeeler11

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jjschumac

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have same issue.  Batteries drain in a week.  There doesn't appear to be an off switch on the remote. Jeff

0 Kudos