Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jw25
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Remote RC399 draining battery

Jump to solution

I have done some more testing after the restart.  I could not recreate the problem.  I guess the firmware got updated.  Hopefully, this will work better.

0 Kudos
DontDavid
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Remote RC399 draining battery

Jump to solution

Just updated and hoping for the best.

My 2 pairs of recently removed batteries were checked with a voltmeter and only one of each pair of batteries was discharged to about 0.5 V. The other of each pair was near full capacity of 1.5 V. I did not check which compartment side with the discharged battery but if problem recurs, I will check.

0 Kudos
Michael34

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Why i can't get it working

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Michael34,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DontDavid
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The remote is RL-AC2 and the connected device is TC-R1017. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DontDavid

Thanks for the follow up.

The information you have provided appears to be the remote model number, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Winey

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

I performed your fix and my remote is still going through batteries. This week I have had to change batteries after 24 hours. 

0 Kudos
spoonman

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have a Roku Express+ model: 3931X serial number: S012305ETXXY. It drains batteries overnight. The only reason I am posting here is because of the warning about duplicate topics.

At this time I have spent more money on batteries than I spent on the Roku itself.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@spoonman

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jasonkeeler11
Reel Rookie

Remote battery and pairing

Jump to solution

I have a voice remote for the streaming stick plus and recently it has been draining batteries within days and not working to control roku. I have to unplug and replug roku, remove and insert batteries again and then see if the batteries do have juice or are low. Putting in new batteries. Will work for a bit but then have to do it all over again. Can't say it is batteries dead everytime because sometimes when I remove them and insert same batteries it will eventually work. So it is sometimes pairing and sometimes battery drain. I also know it is not always drained battery because the remote will work to control tv volume.

0 Kudos