Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRQtech
Streaming Star

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

@rjabend 

It would be nice if Roku would simply tell us exactly what the firmware upgrade fixed. Most hardware companies do just that.

0 Kudos

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Tengo el mismo problema; las baterias solo dura 1 semana, ya reinicie el sistema miles de veces y nada. Sigue igual, las baterias solo duran 1 semana.

0 Kudos
rjabend
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It looked like mine had improved, but I just lost 13% of the battery in 1 day.

0 Kudos
Plaub
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What version of the software has this fix? I have version 9.4.0 * Build 4200-50. According to the System Update, there is no update available. And my current version was updated in December. 

0 Kudos
rjabend
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Plaub wrote:

What version of the software has this fix? I have version 9.4.0 * Build 4200-50. According to the System Update, there is no update available. And my current version was updated in December. 

That is the firmware for the stick. The revision you are looking for on the remote is 4092.

OwenCarey

Jump to solution

Crazy, my remote needed new batteries after a week and stopped working all together. I started using the ROku app on my iPad and the Roku app drains my iPad battery overnight if I forget to close the app. I have the Roku Stick 3810x 213096059137

0 Kudos
yawitz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I performed the steps to update the remote firmware as described earlier (to rtn.4092), but left the stick plugged in via the wall charger. Sadly, checking today, the battery level dropped about 10% overnight (53% -> 43%) without being used at all. So something is still not right. (In fact, it's now worse.)

SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@yawitz 

Roku Tech Support also had me perform the below steps in this order:

1. Use your remote to get your Roku Streaming Stick to the Home Screen on your TV. 

2. Remove the batteries from your remote that is experiencing this issue.

3. Restart your Roku Streaming Stick by unplugging the device from it's power connection for 10 seconds before plugging it back in.

4. After the Roku Home Screen appears again, reinsert the batteries in the remote and continue usage as normal.

0 Kudos
Elohcin89
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R yes it is on rtn.4092. Is the issue resolved this this firmware version?

0 Kudos
rjabend
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Not for me. I still have the problem and can't get a resolution from Roku. I am looking at other streaming services that may be more reliable. I may have wasted my money.