Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OG
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

I have an update to my post of about a month ago regarding the replacement remote I was sent. When I opened it up and put batteries in it, I measured a significant current draw so I assumed I was going to have the same battery-drain issue as with the original remote.

I decided to pair the remote anyway, and see if the batteries would drain quickly as expected. I'm happy to report that over a month's time, the batteries have only lost a few percent of their charge. In hindsight, I suspect the reason for the initial high current draw was simply because the remote was trying to pair with the player the first time batteries are put in.

I've not bothered to measure the standby current based on the very low discharge rate. In conclusion, whatever the defect in the original remote was, (design or manufacturing), it's been addressed in the replacement remote.

Again, just PM Danny with the info for the remote and he will help you. Thanks Danny.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

@LDFisher

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cookiechor

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I have already changed the battery for my Roku 4K stick twice in two weeks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cookiechor,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community regarding the Roku remote battery drain issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
gumorenos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi!

I'm having the same problem, batteries don't last long. I had a Roku 4 and its remote didn't eat through batteries as this one.

S/N YH00AT833503

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@gumorenos

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi I'm having an issue with my remote that dies extremely quickly.  None of the other roku remotes do this in the house.  

The S/N is 5S674L178416

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @itsarandoname

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that your Roku Streaming Stick (3600) is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
danny20

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Same issue here with remote batteries. S/N is YH005E745120 and model 3810EU. 

Could you please help?

Kind regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@danny20

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos