Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDDK

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

I've tried everything and batteries still don't last for more than a few days. Is the only option to get a different roku device? 

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue regarding remote battery drain on Streaming Stick+ (3810).

We have released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred. 

Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Cabletron

Re: Enhanced Remote Battery draining

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

Hi - Roku battery drain issue.

Device - TCL55P607; Serial - YS00J7743799; Software - 10.00 build 4209-30

Remote - Firmware 2.01.18.120; Model RC126 Voice Remote

Please message @Cabletron with next steps 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@zroku

Thought I was crazy. Have other Roku devices and never had this issue until now.

-Roku device model -- 9101X - Roku Smart Sound Bar
-Serial number -- YL00DX214243
-Device ID -- R6498D214243
-Software OS/version -- 10.0.0 build 4209-95
-Remote model -- 9101X - RC392
-Remote Firmware -- 2.01.19.100

-Issue Description -- The Roku remote batteries are being drained completely in less than a week with intermittent use.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

@dstark424 @Mnowak @Afterganger

Thanks for providing us all those information. It will surely help the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Moreover, I have also passed those details to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Cabletron

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can contact TCL Support here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @MDDK

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jlnelson

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

We have attempted the mentioned solutions to our roku remote eating batteries repeatedly. Please advise us on the next steps to remedy this issue. Thank you for your help! 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jlnelson

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the information I asked for in my post above. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bikermunda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems like Roku is going to loose lots of customers because of this remote issues 

0 Kudos
jex
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I think we should all get the next upgraded version gratis… heck, even TCL is going with GoogleTV as an alternative platform. Not to be a negative Nancy but this thread is 50 pages long and we get the “we’re looking into it” response. 😒