Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

@JohnR21

Thanks for the follow up and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

@Cminge

Thanks for the post and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tomartin

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

This is not my case. The stick is powered by the supplied AC adapter. Still, my batteries drain completely in 2 weeks. Is a replacement remote a possibility?

FERGY
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I  first purchased my Steaming Stick +  in January the remote was draining batteries every two or three days until I contacted customer service and they led me through a procedure that updates the software  and firmware for the Streaming Stick+. My batteries have been in for almost six months and I still have 52% battery capacity.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @tomartin,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the rapid battery drain issue you are experiencing.
We have released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About
If you are still having any issues with your Roku remote after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnR21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve updated my remote twice, with no effect at all on battery life. I’ve provided my serial number and other specs numerous times.  Still, nothing has happened on Roku’s end.  I’ve never been contacted by Support with an offer to resolve or replace.

All I get are the cc’s for all the posts from the many other Roku users with the same remote battery problem.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JohnR21,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the follow-up regarding your rapid battery drain issue.

Rest assured that I’ve escalated and created a follow-up to our support request. We sincerely appreciate your patience.

Keep an eye on your email, a member of our support team will be in contact

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jex
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I didn’t notice this until I cut the cord and noticed the same thing everyone else has… I thought it was because I never used my Roku until i became a cord cutter but as of 07/13/21, I’m having the same problem everyone else has had and I just bought new energizer batteries thinking it was because I just started using my Roku Streaming Stick+ religiously. What the…

i have the latest firmware as well,

Remote Model: RC150

Roku Model: 3810X

s/n: YH0039626640

software: 10.0.0 build 4209-50

if I have to use my phone as a remote can yall reimburse me $1300 for my iPhone 12 Pro, Lol @RokuMary-F @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @jex

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

For your Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810X), we have released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. To do this, go to Settings System System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings Remotes About

Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jex
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don’t think #Roku management, engineers and the social media team is in sync… I explained that I did all of the necessary updates, restarts and reboots and you keep giving me the same answer. IT DOES NOT WORK as you can tell by this 42 page thread, are you a robot? Anyways@RokuKariza-D @RokuMary-F @RokuDanny-R please advise

0 Kudos