Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JH760

Re: How to fix Roku Streaming Stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

What about a TCL Roku TV. The battery in the remote drain super fast also.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @JH760

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can contact them here: TCL Support

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have learned from a couple of YouTube videos, most notably those uploaded by Jordan U (a user who does videos about fans and telephones) that Duracell is an awful brand for batteries.  Many of Duracell’s batteries made after the 2000s leak very fast, even when they remain in their original packaging; they even damage many vintage electronics by growing weird powder material in them, and their “long-lasting” claim is fraudulent.  For those who care about their electronics, I’d recommend Rayovac or Energizer batteries over Duracells any day.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Moebie008

Jump to solution

Fix my draining Roku remote by plugging it into an outlet. It’s impossible for mine plugged into an outlet. The TV is

0 Kudos
Pae1979
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've reset the Roku and its powered by a wall outlet. Still drains batteries. Any real resolution before throwing My money in the trash?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pae1979,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Do your Roku remotes support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain. Can you please also provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? 

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku:

Since this topic has been posted for years, and has multiple threads that are unsolved, AND considering the current economic conditions and inflation, people do not have the ability to constantly buy batteries for your defective remotes. 

Because you refuse to address this issue satisfactorily.

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

I recently purchased three(3) Roku 4k+ streaming players and they all use batteries extremely fast.  I am considering getting rechargeable batteries and a charger to reduce the cost of owning/using this device.  Apparently, this problem has not been resolved.  Best Buy will not take these units back because I purchased them over 15 days ago.  Too bad for me that I did not research this before the 15 days was over.  Should I just eat the cost of the Roku 4k+ units and buy Amazon streaming sticks or buy rechargeable batteries and a charger?

0 Kudos
MilesPro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I recommend a TCL TV with Roku. Changing platforms is not great unless you are changing fully. 

0 Kudos
MilesPro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I assume you have read that if the USB port on the TV goes off when the TV is off the remote will drain because it keeps looking for the stick. Try plugging it into an outlet/adapter. 

0 Kudos