Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi @pennsy,

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Camilla1940
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, reinserting the same batteries did not work.  They were drained.  I also have the Roku stick plugged into a wall outlet - whether that makes any difference or not I have no idea.  But the remote drains batteries at an alarming pace.  As soon as I can afford it, I will replace this stick with a different Roku device - NOT another stick.  This is a shame!  I'm 81 years old, have used Roku for years, and this is the first problem I've experienced with any Roku product.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Camilla1940,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

If you are still having any issues with your remote after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Sherylt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am so disgusted with ROKU!! I have replaced batteries every week in this **bleep**ty remote & I can't afford it any more!! You people suck! Your company should be investigating this issue & offering free remote replacements to everyone!!!  This is BULL**bleep**!!!!!!

0 Kudos
MilesPro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This could be my situation.  I have 3 Roku TVs and another outdoor TV that does not have this issue.  The difference is that I unplug the Roku stick for this TV.  Maybe the remote is searching for the stick for days on end.  it seems everytime I use the portable TV on our back deck, i need new batteries.  Ugh.

0 Kudos
MilesPro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How can I get support to understand if my Roku is defective?  Also, how do you recommend capturing the Serial Number?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @MilesPro

Thanks for reaching out.

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About or at the back of the player itself. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MilesPro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply.  

1. Private listening - I have a microphone button on my report between 'back' and 'star' buttons.  I don't know if that is private listening.

2. Serial #: YH001C351821

This Roku stick (3810x) is used on a portable TV that Is unplugged most of the time.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@MilesPro

Appreciate the response.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MilesPro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info on warranty.  Are you suggesting that my battery issue is a remote hardware problem?  I had heard there was a software update. I mostly want to know if you think a new remote fixes the battery drain issue.

0 Kudos