Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimmy2583

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Agree! That's why I'm here! I'm constantly changing batteries n they're not cheap. I say.. we have had rechargeable things forever! Why not a stand like the old cordless phones had/ have? I mean it shows on screen when batteries are getting low. I love my roku and the flexibility of streaming options etc. No way I'd go back to cable or dishes but unless roku is n kahoots with the battery company, let's go rechargeable! 

0 Kudos
allyk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue...has Roku Support offered anything other than "we're working on it"??

0 Kudos
Admirer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After 1 year wait, Got sick of all these, threw away both the Rokus and got a chromecast and a Fire stick. Finally i dont have to deal with a **bleep** device with a horrible remote Lol.. bah bye Roku , I am signing off !!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@allyk

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
allyk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Serial no: yh00f1088833

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Wow.  It's really odd how different people have different experiences / opinions.

Unless you need to use certain "hacks" (for lack of a better word), such as side loading or using a VPN directly on the streaming device, Roku is superior for most users.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@allyk

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Camilla1940
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is February 14, 2022 and I am experiencing the same problem.  I can't afford to buy enough batteries to keep the Roku device operative!  What's the solution, Roku?

pennsy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Rechargeables 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Camilla1940,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I understand that you are having a battery drain issue, is that correct?

Have you tried to remove and reinsert the batteries if this helps resolve the issue? 

If the issue still persists, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos