Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hello @jjschumac

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the model and the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings System About or at the back of the device itself.

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mulugeta
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello I’m having the same issue model 3810x- rogue streaming stick + serial YH00FR112148. Unit is plugged to outlet and constantly draining batteries. Please assist 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mulugeta

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sosena

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

I've completed the steps as stated, and I am still faced with the same issue.

The batteries are constantly being replaced at the same time before,.. once every week. This needs a better solution quick. 

0 Kudos
Phuuuk
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

For those having issues, don’t bother here, as 2 dm went unanswered. So a few days later I messaged support, remote troubleshooting directly. Received a response the next day. 
They will ask for device model, software number, & serial, then remote software & model, & finally inside battery compartment under batteries is a model & serial number. If you wanna skip a step, include all that within your first message, & state any issues you’re having with your remote. 
After giving all that information, I was told my device is covered for a replacement remote, within a few days received a replacement, using a week now with no battery drain issues any longer. 
Thanks to Shiree for prompt response & service, was told remote was in back order & I assumed a few weeks wait time, was pleasantly surprised when I received the replacement a few days later. 

Hope this helps any future visitors to this thread, if no further posts from me, assume problem solved. If any new arise regarding remote I will return. 

bdavis12
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote Batteries Drain Daily

Jump to solution

I performed the update and plugged the roku into a wall outlet instead of the usb on the tv and the remote is still draining batteries. Please advise how to remedy this problem. 

0 Kudos
Arranger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 4 remotes in total on two (2) different devices. Please advise me how to proceed with a solution to the battery drain.  The device specifics are as follows:

Device 1 = Roku Ultra (has two remotes)

Model = 4660X2

Device ID = CK381F154463

SN = YJ00FF154463

Software version = 10.0.0, build 4198-46

Remote 1 uses AA batteries

Model = RC-AL4, RC193

SKU = 3226000437

Firmware version = 2.01.19.108

Remote 2 uses AA batteries

Model = RC-AL4, RC135

SKU = 3226000303

-------------------------------------------------------------

Device 2 = Roku Streaming Stick+ (has two remotes)

Model = 3810X

Device ID = C13937759127

SN = YH007M759127

Software version = 10.0.0, build 4198-50

Remote 1 uses AAA batteries

Model = RC-AL2, RC339

SKU = 3226000610

Remote 2 uses AAA batteries

Model = RC-AL2, RC339

SKU = 3226000610

0 Kudos
kmac4

Jump to solution

I cant use the it through a wall outlet. It has to be USB. Battery dropped 7% in 45 seconds just watching it in the settings!

Please fix asap

Potman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You and countless others. Roku will not fix this issue and their response is the same, but not proving to be true.

0 Kudos
yawitz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

While I've generally been unimpressed with Roku's responses to issues that I've encountered, I do need to give credit where credit is due re: finally fixing the battery drain problem. The issue is with the firmware in the remote, not in the stick itself. After the update to firmware version rtn.4104 back in March, the problem seems to have been corrected for me, as reported in my earlier post https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-streaming-stick-draining-batteries/m-p/675895.... (And no problems have resurfaced after a couple more remote firmware updates since then.)

For those still reporting issues, I've seen many list lots of details of their device except for the firmware version of their remote; without that detail, it's hard to know if they've gotten the needed update that might fix their issue.