Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lv999
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

No.  Still chewing up batteries!!  

0 Kudos
gpsmario
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have  6 Roku Streaming Stick + devices and the batteries in the remotes last forever in 5 of them.  In one of the remotes, the batteries last 2 weeks, maximum.  I'm not plugged into USB power for any of the Streaming Stick +.  I'd hate to buy a new remote and find I have the same problem.  Could it be the one Streaming Stick + that has gone bad? 

0 Kudos
Michmtbbgirl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with the Roku Ultra remote.  It is plugged into the wall but batteries were draining every week!  Way too many batteries.  I will try the system restart option and see if that helps.

I would hate to have to buy another remote but did see a new option for re-chargeable remote.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you have Roku Streaming stick, we have released an update to remotes that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.
Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

If you have another device that is experiencing remote battery drain, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Roku Streaming Stick+ Remote draining batteries fast

Jump to solution

My Roku Streaming Stick + remote is draining batteries extremely fast. There seems to be a draw on the batteries. How can I fix this or get a replacement?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ Remote draining batteries fast

Jump to solution

Hey @jsoderberg23

Thanks for the post.

Try following the resolution provided by @RokuDanny-R above. After observing for some time and you noticed that the issue persists, send us the serial number of the affected device by going to Settings > System > About.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pb244
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote Draining Batteries

Jump to solution

I have a ROKU Express+ that requires new batteries every 2-3 days. The Serial Number is X00400X)VKKN. My email address is [personal information]. Where from here? 

0 Kudos
Phuuuk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope, didn’t fix the issue. I stopped using for a month because it’s so irritating. 3 days. Ago use again, updayred, still plugged into the wall, 3 days use, dead battery. EVEN THO I TAKE THEM OUT AT NIGHT! 
This has been going on for over 2 years people have been complaining, had I known this, I would NOT have purchased! 

what a joke. 

0 Kudos
Dash-dash

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R The May 13, 2021 update brought back the battery problem, now the batteries don’t even last 24 hours.

0 Kudos
Phuuuk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yes, it’s worse for me too now. Used to get about 3 weeks of battery life, now it’s 3 days, put another set of batteries in, drained 13% within hours, took batteries out, used app, continues to show battery level declining EVEN WITHOUT BATTERIES IN THE REMOTE. 

But yeah, let’s spend another $30 on a remote that’s rechargeable, some solution 🙄 

0 Kudos