Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote battery and pairing

Jump to solution

@jasonkeeler11

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We have released an update to remotes that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.
Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
bdavis12
Reel Rookie

Remote Batteries Drain Daily

Jump to solution

I am having to replace the batteries in my Roku Stick remote every other day. This appears to be very common. Is there a solution to this problem? 

Model number : 3810X Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial number: YH00GW311342

0 Kudos
JenD
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote is draining battery every week

Jump to solution

I am having a similar issue.   My newest stick will last between 2-3 weeks.    I have older sticks (with the larger remotes) and those batteries haven’t been replaced in over a year.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Batteries Drain Daily

Jump to solution

@bdavis12 @JenD 

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post regarding troubleshooting the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JenD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I already downloaded th update and installed.   It did not change anything.    

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JenD,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please provide the serial number of your Roku device by going to Settings > System > About.

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jesshad
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

That is not working. I have 3 roku's and am currently going through 6 batteries a day. This is unacceptable and expensive.

0 Kudos
FERGY
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After installing new batteries and updating my Roku devices on January 28 and connecting to a continuous power source I still have 75% battery level after 13 weeks. Roku claims you can now connect to the TV's USB for power after doing the updates, but, for now, I'm staying with a wall outlet for a continuous power source. 

0 Kudos
ZA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I too am having a similar experience with the batteries working much better. It’s been a long time and I’m in the 70%’s plugged in to the TV. 

0 Kudos
Jesshad
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

This didnt work either. Tried the reset and it is plugged into the wall.

0 Kudos