Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rugro
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with my 3810. How do I get the update for the remote? It goes through batteries in two weeks

0 Kudos
Charlie388
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Roku stick model RC339 firmware version 2.01.19.108 powered thru wall outlet still drains battery 50% less than two days. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the updates.

I have notified the appropriate team regarding the issue you are experiencing. Once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Xyler

Jump to solution

My problems have been solved with the new software.

It had been draining batteries overnight, but now I've been holding steady at 84%  for the last 4 days.

I never tried using wall power, and the tv cuts power to USB jack when powered down

This is a Stream Stick+   3810RW  -  software 9.4.0 build 4200-50

remote model RC404  -  software rtn.4092

yawitz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Interesting...I have the same software version, but an earlier model number (RC399). Could that be a factor? What are the differences between the different models?

@Xyler wrote:

remote model RC404  -  software rtn.4092

FERGY
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My remote was going through batteries every two or three days until I switched the ROKU stick's power from the TV's USB connector, which only powered the ROKU when the TV was on, to a wall outlet with continuous power. I've had new batteries in for 4 weeks now with little discharge.

0 Kudos
Rugro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I already have it powered by the USB external to the TV. And it actually made things worse. It now goes through batteries in 2 to 3 days. There’s got to be something in the software that’s trying to communicate with the remote too often

0 Kudos
Tixman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still monitoring mine but all 4 remotes (mix of USB to wall and USB to TV powered Sticks) appears to be stable on the battery drain.  Will report back next week, but only drifted 1-2% since the recommended fix was applied!  Much better!!

0 Kudos
Charlie388
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Powered rc339 thru wall outlet reset in settings still drains in less than 4 days

any new suggestions

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you haven't already, please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.

Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos