Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjabend
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

@MooseLips wrote:

Ok both my sticks finally updated to 4092 just a little while ago after another reboot so maybe it's taking some time to get to everyone. Will report back in a few days. 

Fingers crossed. This has been so GD annoying!!!

I would say GD ridiculous. I have over a dozen emails from Roku over several weeks saying they are looking into it. Very frustrating and I have gone through 5 sets of batteries.

0 Kudos
ZA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am now on 4092 on the remote. Will report the results in a week. Fresh set of batteries at 100%. 

0 Kudos
pennsy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

One of mine went to 4092 also. One still showing something different. New batteries in both and watching them daily. So far so good. KOW

0 Kudos
WDGM26

Jump to solution

Sorry Please ignore. I see the version in a previous post. I'm experiencing the same issues with my remote. Can you provide the version # that has the fix.

0 Kudos
companyinvestor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you ROKU for releasing a firmware fix for the remote.  Having led product development for several world class consumer electronics companies for many years, software is always a great fix when combined with over the air (OTA) hardware updates.  I understand the frustration of all the users on this forum, including myself, for the time taken to release the fix.  However, please note that ROKU had to find a solution to problem, conduct extensive testing (SQA) on every probable user configuration to avoid releasing a flawed fix, bundle the solution and post the release.  This takes time to complete correctly and avoid creating new problems which is very easy to do in a multi-use scenario consumer environment.

The fix appears to have solved my remote battery drain problem.

0 Kudos
rjabend
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@companyinvestor wrote:

Thank you ROKU for releasing a firmware fix for the remote.  Having led product development for several world class consumer electronics companies for many years, software is always a great fix when combined with over the air (OTA) hardware updates.  I understand the frustration of all the users on this forum, including myself, for the time taken to release the fix.  However, please note that ROKU had to find a solution to problem, conduct extensive testing (SQA) on every probable user configuration to avoid releasing a flawed fix, bundle the solution and post the release.  This takes time to complete correctly and avoid creating new problems which is very easy to do in a multi-use scenario consumer environment.

@companyinvestor wrote:

Had a thorough firmware update checkout been conducted, this problem would have been caught. Checking remote current draw ain't rocket science.

MooseLips
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well initial results are not good here with the 4092 firmware. The one plugged into the TV USB dropped 4% overnight and the one plugged into the wall socket dropped 2%. Will give it a few more days and report back again. But I have a bad feeling this hasn't fixed a thing.

0 Kudos
rjabend
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Too early to tell, but it may be working. Its a little strange, but my remote battery percentages have actually increased on the readout for my 2 TVs since the firmware upgrade. 

SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@rjabend 

I noticed the same thing with mine after the upgrade. Battery level went up 2-3%. I hope the "fix" isn't just a manipulation of the percentage shown.

I'm still hoping that Roku will come out with a formal public announcement of exactly what they "fixed" with this firmware upgrade.

0 Kudos
rjabend
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@SRQtech wrote:

@rjabend 

I noticed the same thing with mine after the upgrade. Battery level went up 2-3%. I hope the "fix" isn't just a manipulation of the percentage shown.

I'm still hoping that Roku will come out with a formal public announcement of exactly what they "fixed" with this firmware upgrade.

Just a guess, but I suspect a firmware error left the IR output on for some period of time or all the time. I can't think of anything else that would draw significant current in the internal circuitry.