Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Okay this is what's happening or this is what happened to mine. my remote was eating batteries up. In less than a day and did not work good all the time. Here's what happened my remote brand new TV 55 in. when you get your TV your remote is set for infrared but because you also have Wireless in the house is getting confused with everything in the house and it's burning up batteries. Here's what you do put new batteries in your remote and set it somewhere away from the TV and don't touch it for 2 or 3 days. Then go on the Internet download a wireless remote on your phone . You can use that for those 3 days. This will cause your TV and your enhanced remote which can run on Wi-Fi or infrared to turn over to Wireless mode. You can also do this by going into the advanced settings but this is quite easy. After using the remotes on your telephone for 3 days you can then grab your other remote and Presto you won't need to even pointed at the TV anymore it would just work no matter where it's pointed it's running on wireless now. and it

0 Kudos
kenp28

Just another streaming stick + user whose remote is draining batteries.WTF Roku why won't you fix?

Jump to solution

WTF  Why won't Roku address this problem?Have had my remote less than a year.Seems like Roku just doesn't care.Have tried every listed troubleshooting remedy I can find on the internet and this site.Even got the hdmi extender.Remote still wont stay paired then searches and runs down the batteries.Works fine from day one then all of a sudden problems. Nothing in my system changed.How about a replacement remote that works?Fix your update or whatever is causing countless customers this grief.Will I even hear from anyone from this company?

Roku streaming stick + remote

SN :YH0039518551

0 Kudos
pennsy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I see there is a new rechargeable remote being tested. Maybe this will be the fix we have been waiting for.

0 Kudos
SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku is testing a Voice Remote Pro with a built-in rechargeable battery, lost remote finder, hands-free voice, programmable buttons, and private listening.

People in the company's Early Access Program have been secretly using the device for the past couple of months. Now it looks like it's scheduled for release on 2/19/21 for $30.

https://www.engadget.com/roku-voice-remote-pro-leak-223616110.html 

Why didn't Roku offer these remotes to some of us having remote battery drain issues? Or they should have at least let us know these rechargeable remotes existed and would be released soon.

Roku needs to offer these new remotes for free to people like us that are on record as having battery drain issues with our current Roku remote.

Reddit user Kingtut206Reddit user Kingtut206

0 Kudos
MooseLips
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I HATE anything with built-in batteries. It just ends up in the landfill in a few years when the batteries finally reach the recharge cycle EOL. And in this case, unless Roku actually fixes the problem with draining batteries then we will now all end up with a remote that is constantly plugged into a USB cable to keep it charged. Yay wired remotes! Built-in battery or not, they need to fix this drainage issue.

pennsy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have an app on my phone for my router. It can monitor all the different devices using data. It is interesting that the Roku goes idle, then turns on both in down and upload, then goes idle again. This is possibly chewing up battery charge. 

0 Kudos
davidmt

Enhanced Remote Battery draining

Jump to solution

I have an enhanced Roku remote that came with my Streaming Stick+.  The battery drains very quick.  Is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Louisiana1

Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

Has anyone received a replacement remote to resolve the battery drainage problem?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Enhanced Remote Battery draining

Jump to solution

Hi @davidmt,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
ZA
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

Louisana1, yes. And to their credit customer service was very good and responsive. They sent a new one but the replacement does the same thing. 

0 Kudos