Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arapheon
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Stacee52 

Check my post on page 11 of this thread. 

0 Kudos
Golf1965
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ive got 2 and both are draining batteries in a matter of weeks. 

Ill try to power through wall socket to see if that makes a difference, both are powered through TV usb at this point.

0 Kudos
MooseLips
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So i have received my two replacement remotes finally (they are swamped with backorders) but it made absolutely NO difference. The two replacements also drain batteries within days. This is indeed a class action suit waiting to happen. I am disgusted that Roku hasn't haulted production and sales of this faulty product until they figure out what is wrong and FIX IT!

Sending out new remotes is not solving the problem. They are just desperate to buy time.

One last thing, when I received my replacement remotes they were the same model RC399 but the firmware was mfg.0090 and within a few seconds the remote firmware upgraded to rtn.4080 so the remote does have an upgradable firmware at least. I can't believe they haven't figured out how to fix this via firmware update. Unreal.

I am so tired of this faulty product. 

arapheon
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@MooseLips 

Check my post on page 11 of this thread. Agreed that the remote is poorly designed and that it should work properly when Roku is off, but I did find a solution.

0 Kudos
MooseLips
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@arapheon wrote:

@MooseLips 

Check my post on page 11 of this thread. Agreed that the remote is poorly designed and that it should work properly when Roku is off, but I did find a solution.

Yes I'm aware that plugging into a wall socket works for some people but my tv's are wall mounted and would need a long ugly extension cord to do that. Roku needs to fix this with a firmware update and be transparent to the public about whats really wrong. People have been reporting this issue for YEARS and its only gotten  worse with recent hardware. People are tired of being ignored and given the run around. They have no intention of fixing this until they are forced to. Again I call for class action! Enough is enough!

DaveMac120
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!  I’m trying this fix this weekend.  I usually turn off the power strip the AC adapter is plugged into.  Why run all that stuff when I’m not using it.  Guess that will change now

DocKen

Jump to solution

Me too on the battery problem.  Will try plugging in to charger instead of tv.  Wait and see.  How about some kind of notification when you fix the problem.  Most of us don't spend our lives in here waiting for an answer.

rtwells1

Jump to solution

I bought two at the same time both sticks powered by the USB from the TV.  One remote is fine the other the batteries die in a few days. Very frustrating 

0 Kudos
Fig69

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Remote batteries drain in 2-3 days. Plugging the stick into the wall is a bit problematic for me and I don't like the cord hanging down. 

When this problem is resolved will you contact me via email? If this doesn't get resolved soon I will be forced to switch to another service. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
ek_denver9210
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Lots of luck getting a solution from Roku. This has been around for years and all they suggest is to plug the stick into the wall instead of the usb port of your tv. I have done that and still see the battery draining about 5%/day. I can put batteries in my comcast or tv remote and they last 6 months or more while the Roku remote last less than 3 weeks. Ig I am not using the roku remote now, I remove the batteries. It stinks they do not support their customers.