Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robbiestewart89
Streaming Star

Re: Remote battery drain for roku 3800x

Jump to solution

OK. If my prior solution doesn't work and your advanced enough to do this. Here's your next option. Remove your batteries. Take your remotes a part and clean both the circuit board and the rubber pad using some isopropyl rubbing alcohol and allow a few hours to dry. With remotes in general that have a rubber pad in them, they can sometimes leave black spots behind on the circuit board which can cause shorts and battery drain. I have to regularly do this with all of my remotes, both Roku and non Roku. Otherwise, you can just order some new remotes from the Roku Accessory Store instead. Target also sells them both in their stores and on their website. I saw a few of them for sale in one location the other night.

I'm familar with the Xfinity X1 remotes. Yes the batteries in them do last a while, but they still require regular maintenance if you've had them awhile. In that case, I used to return them to the Xfinity Store and exchange them out since I didn't own their equipment. Since I have Roku now, I returned all three of my X1 boxes back to the Xfinity Store and use the Xfinity Stream app on Roku instead, which saves me about $25 a month in Cable box rental fees. Comcast also doesn't count data usage against your account when using their streaming app.

Robbie Stewart
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cbmcramos @Kc8ko @Alexstett @Kalikazam @Mommawinks 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SuzieB1
Binge Watcher

Re: Defective remote eats batteries; second Stick with this problem

Jump to solution

I've also tried going through Support chat and it's a complete run-around.  They pretend to be surprised and ask if you tried changing batteries (yeah - 3 times in the 6 weeks I've had the Roku) and what brand of batteries and say "they'll investigate".  That was followed up with an email about battery brand, if the batteries work in other devices, and other trivia. They clearly know by now this is a defective product and pretend we're too stupid to load batteries.  I'm frustrated and ticked off.

ACEO
Channel Surfer

Why do the streaming stick + go through batteries every week?

Jump to solution

I cannot get customer support to help with this and the Roku forum has no answers, just 1000 (a bit exaggerated) posts about battery issues, but no answers!  I am beyond frustrated with these remotes and the brutal customer support.  I think comcast is cheaper if replacing the batteries is required every week!  #StepUpYourGameRoku! (Model 3810RW - Roku Streaming Stick+)

joemama2

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I chatted with someone twice now and have been told they will send me a replacement remote. I've been waiting over a month and have got nothing. The status still says "pending" after all this time. I asked  how long I should expect to wait to receive the replacement and why it hadn't been sent out yet, and they absolutely would not give me an answer. I kept asking and they finally just said, we'll send you an email once it's been sent out. That was a couple of weeks ago and still nothing. I thought at first they must have been out of stock but now I believe they're either trying to solve the issue before making any more or they're just hoping I'll go away. Well, thanks a lot Roku. Great way to treat customers.

joemama2

Jump to solution

That is not the problem Spuds !!!

These things just eat the batteries like there's a short or something. there is absolutely no water in mine. And it happens over and over. And the promise a replacement and do not send anything.

0 Kudos
joemama2

Jump to solution

That would be nice if it was only that easy. I gave all that info and have been told they'll send a replacement, but they simply do not send it. I've been waiting over a month now since the first time I contacted them and the status still says "pending". In other words they're just wanting me to go away and give up. Thanks a lot, your customer service means nothing.

Then, when I chatted with someone a few weeks after the first contact, they would not answer my question as to how long before it's sent out, and why has it not been sent out yet. I'm feeling mighty lonely right about now.

SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@joemama2 wrote:

That would be nice if it was only that easy. I gave all that info and have been told they'll send a replacement, but they simply do not send it. I've been waiting over a month now since the first time I contacted them and the status still says "pending". In other words they're just wanting me to go away and give up. Thanks a lot, your customer service means nothing.

Then, when I chatted with someone a few weeks after the first contact, they would not answer my question as to how long before it's sent out, and why has it not been sent out yet. I'm feeling mighty lonely right about now.

I hear you Joe. I am having the same problem right now. They keep saying they will send me replacement remotes that fix the battery drain issue, but I have yet to see them. I'm on my third chat with them now. Still getting nowhere.

SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R

Can you research why Joe & I are not getting the replacement remotes we have been promised?

SuzieB1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Joe and SRQ - Not that it helps, but know you're not alone.  If I don't get this resolved soon, there must be some consumer group to also go to and I'll pursue that (and get a Firestick).  The savings in batteries alone will pay for it.  Not that I'm not thrilled getting badges for posting here - WOW!