Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCunha1
Level 7

How to connect Roku Streaming Stick to a new wifi network without remote?

Hi I changed apartments and internet provider, my roku remote has broken and is useless.

I am in Brazil and cant find a remote seller in the region.

How can I connect to the new network without the remote?

I did a factory reset and now it asks me to pair the remote... that doesnt work...

What are my options now? Can't believe i really need a physical remote to do the basics.. i hope you have a solution for this.

thank you

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to connect Roku Streaming Stick to a new wifi network without remote?

No solution, you need a true wifi roku remote, sorry. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, you'll need to have a remote compatible with your Roku model to set up your connection to the new network/password.

All units other than Roku sticks will respond to a shared set of infrared (IR) commands so any cheap universal remote you find at Walmart or a dollar store that says it is compatible with Roku will work as long as you have a direct line of sight to the Roku. Or you can buy one from Roku via https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player#Remotes

Roku sticks are usually out of sight behind the tv and so do not use IR. For Roku sticks you will need a "point anywhere" Roku remote connecting via wifi direct, using radio frequencies (RF). See https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick#Remotes or search on Ebay or Amazon for a remote for your Roku model number. Purple Roku sticks (model 3500) have long been out of production and require a unique remote that is no longer available.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
DCunha1
Level 7

is there any official store in Brazil? 

0 Kudos