Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveSully

How to change youtubetv channel with voice

Is there a way to change live youtubetv channels using voice?  If I'm in youtubetv and give a voice command like "HGTV", it wants to exit youtubetv and open/install HGTVGO.  How can I simply change youtubeTV channels using voice?  Thx in advance for any insight

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: How to change youtubetv channel with voice

Hey @SteveSully

Thanks for the post.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to Youtube TV's customer support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their channel that may allow the functionality you are looking for.

You can contact them here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/gethelp

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jimmmmmmmm
Reel Rookie

I hate that this is your answer to anything that happens. I can never get anything answered other than “did you reset your connection” from customer service. Both companies will just blame the other. I wish I could get a full refund from this **bleep** product but I can’t so I’ll wait until I can afford to spend another $150 on a product. Such a terrible product and service.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jimmmmmmmm, if Youtube doesn't work on your computer the way you want it to do you blame Microsoft or Apple or HP or Dell?  Roku just provides the platform much like any other computer maker / OS provider.  If you have a problem with a channel/app you need to take it up with the developer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Jimmmmmmmm Since this is your first post I am confused on what did not get answered for you.  Incidentally you are complaining about a response that is nearly a year old.  Did you come here just to complain or do you really need help with something?

0 Kudos