Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbguyny
Level 7

How do I disable voice commands?

Hello, I have the Roku Ultra and I don't want to have my kids to install channels without my knowing about it.  I have set a PIN for installing any new channels, however, my kids recently discovered by simply saying the channel name into the remotes search feature it will install the channel without prompting for a PIN!  For example, if they said "YouTube" it will be installed.

I would like to disable the voice feature since nobody in my household uses it for anything.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: How do I disable voice commands?

Sorry there isn't a way to disable it, except stop using the original remote go with a roku IR remote or an aftermarket universal. I like the following One-for-all model pretty cheap on ebay for open box models:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Devices-Stream-Box-TV-Audi...

Its one device that can control three types of devices, tv, streamer, and soundbar. Its learning remote so you teach the keys anything you what.

0 Kudos