Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How do I connect to my roku stick with out the original remote and I forgot the password

My roku stick has a password and I don't have my remote

0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: How do I connect to my roku stick with out the original remote and I forgot the password

Forgot what password?  Not that it really matters - you can't connect a stick to Wi-Fi without a Roku remote.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: How do I connect to my roku stick with out the original remote and I forgot the password

So no mater I need to get a replacement.

0 Kudos
maxproandu
Level 9

How do I connect to my roku stick with out the original remote and I forgot the password

Until Roku updates their firmware-and-apps so that these units work like a IoT smart device, you'll have to buy/borrow/steal a Roku remote to help get past this one.

For best results once you've got a remote, make sure the unit has power and use something to depress the reset button. Then you can just follow the setup routine to get back into your account. After that, you can use the smartphone app to control your unit.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@4201 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim mentioned, you will be unable to connect and setup your Roku device without a physical remote.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos