Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richlocus
Level 7

How To UNDO Remote TV Control

Hello:
One of the features of my new ROKU Ultra is to sync my remote with the TV so it can control the On/Off and Volume.
This is done with this path:  Go to Settings / Remote / Set up remote for TV Control.

Unfortunately, when I set it up, I forgot that I have a sound bar that can't be controlled by the remote.

There are two questions it asks during the "Set up remote to for TV Control":  (1) Can you hear the music  (2) Did the music stop
Question number 2 will never be "YES" because I have a sound bar.

I want to UNDO the remote link to my TV, because it make the TV do some funny stuff when I press certain buttons.
However, there is no "UNDO" in the Settings / Remote / Set up remote for TV Control.
 I don't want the remote to control my TV.  Any way to do that?
Thanks,
Rich Locus

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MrDifficult
Level 7

Re: How To UNDO Remote TV Control

The easiest thing to do would be to disable the tv volume buttons in the tv's audio settings, so that the volume buttons no longer trigger it but you retain power button use.
0 Kudos
richlocus
Level 7

Re: How To UNDO Remote TV Control

Thanks Smiley Happy  I will give that a try.
Best,
0 Kudos