Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomsr
Level 7

How To Program New Remote To Work Roku?

Hi   My old remote stopped working for the most part, so i just got a replacement remote how do i get it to work the roku?  for the ROKU REPLACEMENT REMOTE MODEL 9026000069 FOR ROKU S/N 11A18P029245  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How To Program New Remote To Work Roku?

Those numbers are worthless to anyone trying to help you. What we need is the type of roku you have, Roku tv, Roku Stick, Roku console, or Roku Soundbar? If its a Roku stick is it purple? We need names like express, premiere, Roku 1, Roku 2 and so forth. And the remote model number, RC? Look in the battery compartment. Is there a button in the battery compartment? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
renojim

If my data is correct it's a Roku 2 HD model 3000X.  I don't know anything about the remote.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

If that's true only the roku simple IR remote will work, and it should just work there is nothing to program, so if it doesn't work it might just be the roku itself isn't working or accepting remote commands anymore. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
tomsr
Level 7

OK, I FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM IS, THE NEW REMOTE DOES NOT HAVE A WORKING INFRARED LIGHT. I TESTED IT WITH MY CELL PHONE CAMERA, THERE WAS NO LIGHT COMING OUT OF IT. SEEKING A REFUND NOW, BUT STILL IN NEED OF THIS REMOTE >>>>REMOTE MODEL 9026000069 FOR ROKU S/N 11A18P029245.  ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET IT, DOES ROKU THEMSELVES STILL SELL THIS MODEL? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@tomsr 

Thanks for the post.

If you need a simple IR remote, you can purchase a Simple Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tomsr
Level 7

Thanks Danny but i already looked at the site but i dont see my remote on there, would they still work on a standard ir?

0 Kudos