Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enoone

Home button no longer swaps to source for Roku

Jump to solution

i need assistance. The home button no longer swaps to source for Roku. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Home button no longer swaps to source for Roku

Jump to solution

As @makaiguy mentions, this is a function of CEC, an HDMI control standard. It requires both the Roku and your connected device (TV or AVR) to also have CEC enabled. Sometimes the problem is figuring out what the manufacturer actually calls the setting. Roku labels theirs One Touch Play, although some devices also have CEC mentioned in the menu. Samsung calls theirs AnyNet+, and so on. You need to ensure CEC is enabled in all connected devices. I can say it works just fine with my Ultra. I hit the Home button, the TV and AVR power up and change to the correct input on both devices. Never had any issue with it. 

Always a small chance the HDMI cable has suffered a failure, allowing the video to pass but the CEC commands aren't making it across. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Annie2020

Jump to solution

Mine stopped switching also. I have to go to the TV input on my cable remote or Source on my TV remote and manually change the source. Then the remote will work for other features. Oh I also had to plug in to a different HDMI and go to THAT number input port and don't use the one that says ROKU.  Weird and annoying but at least I can watch Roku.

0 Kudos
jplando

Jump to solution

June 4 to now with no answer?

I am having same problem. It worked for quite a while. Wasn’t checking when software updates were installed. Maybe one of them was the cause?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Settings > System > Control other devices

Make sure 1-touch play is checked.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
atc98092

Jump to solution

As @makaiguy mentions, this is a function of CEC, an HDMI control standard. It requires both the Roku and your connected device (TV or AVR) to also have CEC enabled. Sometimes the problem is figuring out what the manufacturer actually calls the setting. Roku labels theirs One Touch Play, although some devices also have CEC mentioned in the menu. Samsung calls theirs AnyNet+, and so on. You need to ensure CEC is enabled in all connected devices. I can say it works just fine with my Ultra. I hit the Home button, the TV and AVR power up and change to the correct input on both devices. Never had any issue with it. 

Always a small chance the HDMI cable has suffered a failure, allowing the video to pass but the CEC commands aren't making it across. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
philipm28
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My 3810X remote also stopped controlling the source on my Samsung TV.  I've followed these instructions, but there is no improvement.  I have to revert to my original TV remote to switch the source to the Roku.

AnyNet+ is set up properly on the Samsung.  One Touch Play is set up properly on my 3810X Roku remote.

I noticed this problem with a recent software update, too.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@philipm28, try unplugging the power from the TV and the 3810 for a few minutes to reset everything.

I am not a Roku employee.
philipm28
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks!  That solution solved the problem. 

0 Kudos
Mwoodard

Jump to solution

My Ruko will not connect to any of my Philip Flat screen TV any more. Agent said the stick are working 

0 Kudos