Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhas
Level 7

Help! Uncontrollable scrolling.

Help! I just purchased a Roku Express, used it for about 2 hours before it started to scroll uncontrollably through channels/settings rather than stopping at the first one when you try to scroll.  Impossible to control.  I've tried rebooting/ changing batteries in the remote. Can anyone help me?  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Help! Uncontrollable scrolling.

Sounds like a defective remote.  I'd take it back myself, but you can try strumming the buttons on the remote to try to dislodge a stuck button.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Clear4you
Level 7

Unable to stop Roku scrolling for a month now!  TV useless now.  Many months prior had this problem, went to my settings & was temporarily able to fix it...now, scrolls to fast & can't control settings, or viewings!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Clear4you

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you using a Roku device or a Roku TV? Have you tried checking your remote for any lodged or stuck buttons? When you remove the batteries from your remote do you still see the issue occur?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos