Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, I left my remote at home when I went on holiday

I decided to bring my roku on holiday, however I neglected to bring my remote with me and since I can't type in the wifi password (due to the lack of remote) I can't use my phone to control it either.

Is there any way I can control my roku or am I doomed here?
Note: it's a roku express 2

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: Help, I left my remote at home when I went on holiday

Is there a walmart or target near by? Pick up a rca or any other universal that has roku listed. The express takes an IR remote.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"Tivoburkee" wrote:
Is there a walmart or target near by? Pick up a rca or any other universal that has roku listed. The express takes an IR remote.

"Holiday" implies he's probably in Europe.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

One-For-All brand of universal remotes are more popular over EU then here nowadays. It probably has working code for Roku.
0 Kudos
Markp
Level 9

All you need to do is download the Roku remote app on your phone, then you don't need your remote.
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 8

"Markp" wrote:
All you need to do is download the Roku remote app on your phone, then you don't need your remote.

Actually that will probably not work. For it to work you must be able to log onto the local network on your Roku and you cannot do that without your remote.
There are some workarounds that can work like using the exact SSID/password on the local network but that is usually pretty close to impossible in places like hotels etc.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos