Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mugsy323
Level 7

Help! Can't go back to prior menu on Disney+.

Last night, I just signed up for Disney+. Whenever I select ANYTHING on the D+ menu, there is no way to go back to the prior menu!

I've tried every button on the remote (Roku Streaming Stick). Exiting D+ and returning simply returns me to the last screen I was on. Even tried "logging out" to Hulu then returning.)

I selected a video and added it to my Watch List, but now there's no way to go back to the Main Menu!

Am I missing something or is D+ not 100% compatible with the Roku remote?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Help! Can't go back to prior menu on Disney+.

@Mugsy323 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried to contact Disney+ support directly to inquire further? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mugsy323
Level 7

Disney says there problem is with the Roku app, not their service, saying the circular "Return" button on the remote *should* exit any menu (it does not.) They suggest I remove and reinstall the Disney+ app. I doubt that will fix anything.

The Menu simply needs a "Back" button added to it (my Roku is built into a Hisense Roku TV.)

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Disney maintains the disney+ app on all platforms it is on, not roku. 

Edmund
renojim
Level 21

@Mugsy323 wrote:

Disney says there problem is with the Roku app, not their service, saying the circular "Return" button on the remote *should* exit any menu (it does not.) They suggest I remove and reinstall the Disney+ app. I doubt that will fix anything.

It's the Back button that normally exits a menu or screen.  The button with a left-pointing arrow next to the Home button at the top of the remote.  The "circular Return button" is instant replay (when it works).

0 Kudos
Mugsy323
Level 7

Thanks for the reply, but as noted in my original question, I've tried every button on the remote (even the side volume & mute buttons) and nothing exits a menu item once selected. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Mugsy323
Level 7

Quick follow-up:

Opening the remote and cleaning the contacts under the rubber keypads with alcohol & a Q-tip appears to have resolved the problem.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Cool!  I was going to ask if the Back button worked on anything.

0 Kudos