Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ! Can i connect a new WiFi to my roku tv without my irl remote ?

Jump to solution

I lost my remote and moved to a new home with a new WiFi how do I connect my ONN Roku tv to this new WiFi without my remote ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Help ! Can i connect a new WiFi to my roku tv without my irl remote ?

Jump to solution

Get a remote.

You can find Roku remotes that work with Roku TV devices at many stores, including Walmart. They run around $20. There's also a $30 model.

Or, you can get a cheap universal (IR) remote that supports Roku TV. Just look on the packaging for a list of supported devices.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes

Jump to solution

Get a remote.

You can find Roku remotes that work with Roku TV devices at many stores, including Walmart. They run around $20. There's also a $30 model.

Or, you can get a cheap universal (IR) remote that supports Roku TV. Just look on the packaging for a list of supported devices.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ttgom

Jump to solution

Yeah but I think I have a new modem with new internet and a new remote with no pairing button how can I turn on my TV to pair with my remote.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@ttgom wrote:

Yeah but I think I have a new modem with new internet and a new remote with no pairing button how can I turn on my TV to pair with my remote.

Roku TVs can be controlled with IR remotes. You don't pair IR remotes. 

DBDukes

0 Kudos