Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zalophus
Level 7

Re: Headphones glitch

Thanks Speechless for the very informative reply,and your ending pun was enjoyed.
0 Kudos

Apparently not such a high priority after all. My Premiere+ 4630 just received the 8.1.0 Build 4159 update, and the headphone bug persists. In fact, during testing it completely locked up the remote to the point where I had to power cycle the Roku to clear it up. Simply amazing that this continues to be an issue.
0 Kudos
zalophus
Level 7

Also, i tried the android roku remote app, and when i tried the headphone button, it also locked up  both  remotes, and muted the audio.  So more evidence that it's s a firmware issue vs the remote itself.   Unless, of course the streaming hardware itself is faulty???
0 Kudos

The hardware is fine, as my Premiere+ worked perfectly well with the headphones in both the remote and with the Android app for the past year. It was one of the more recent 8.1 firmware updates that hosed it up. I would've expected it to be fixed by now, especially with the latest update which apparently was just released, but that is not the case. Still very broken.

Firmware quality control appears to be non-existent at this point, sadly.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Unless there's a problem with the Android app that wasn't evident until the Roku device firmware update. Which would mean the problem occurred after the firmware update, and the hidden bug with the app became evident.

Roku would still need to fix it, but could be looking in the wrong place.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos