Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Headphones and Roku remote

Jump to solution

How can I hook up the new AirPods max to the Roku remote?  Will it work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Headphones and Roku remote

Jump to solution

@Djbrks1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your headphones are wireless, then they will not connect to a remote that has the Private Listening features, as headphones are connected through the audio plug.

If you would like to use wireless headphones when watching content on your Roku device, we would recommend downloading the Roku mobile app on a mobile device and then connecting your headphones to your mobile device. For more information about the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I install The Roku® Channel mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Headphones and Roku remote

Jump to solution

@Djbrks1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your headphones are wireless, then they will not connect to a remote that has the Private Listening features, as headphones are connected through the audio plug.

If you would like to use wireless headphones when watching content on your Roku device, we would recommend downloading the Roku mobile app on a mobile device and then connecting your headphones to your mobile device. For more information about the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I install The Roku® Channel mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos