Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI

Jump to solution

@mbs1 

Not certain I follow you. HDMI connections are all the same size (other than some PC video cards that have a mini-HDMI port). Are you saying that the extender cable is still too large, as in too long, to fit in the space, or are you referring to the cable not fitting the connection on the TV?

If it's the latter, it sounds like you might be attempting to connect the HDMI cable to a USB port. They are near the same size, but a different shape and perform different functions. You can't connect an HDMI device/cable to a USB port. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Passport
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have looked everywhere and cannot find a PM button. Is the PM only available on a computer or am I missing out on my phone?

Thanks

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, from what I've heard mobile browsers often don't show the PM button. You need to use a computer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jimme
Level 7

HDMI cable extension

Jump to solution

No help. Why do I buy products with NO SUPPORT. this issue has been posted YEARS AGO. No solution has been given. 

Your website doesn't acknowledge my serial number,so I can't get the thing plugged in. Why should I go one when you say you'll send one free? 

Why should I by ANYTHING OF YOURS. NO SUPPORT 

Shove it

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HDMI cable extension

Jump to solution

Hi @Jimme,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you send us the model number of your Roku device? It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About or at the back of the player. Also, please make sure you are using zeros and not the letter O when you're inputting your serial number. 

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
1Biffyyy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Amazon

0 Kudos
Shazam05
Level 7

Re: HDMI Extender for Roku Stick

Jump to solution

I just tried to get the extender and after I fill out the form it goes nowhere. I have a Roku stick the plugs directly into the HDMI port on my TV and it was overheating.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HDMI Extender for Roku Stick

Jump to solution

Hello @Shazam05

I hope you're doing well.

When inputting the serial number, we would suggest making sure to put zeros instead of the letter O. Please note as well that serial numbers usually start with "YH". To know your device's exact serial number, navigate to Settings > System > About.

If still no luck, reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku stick for further assistance.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
nds_support
Level 7

cannot order an hdmi extender

Jump to solution

I have the purple roku streaming stick 3500.

My other roku overheated and stops working after a few minutes. extender fixes it,

I went to order extender for the different roku with same problem, and the roku web site goes dead after I enter s/n, name address, etc, when I click to order and does not take my order for the extender, and does not provide any error message. There is no customer service phone # or email address for me to follow up and complain. I wasted a lot of time trying to solve.

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 13

Re: cannot order an hdmi extender

Jump to solution

Spend a few dollars on Amazon or Best Buy.  Order the product yourself.  Wasting time for so called  "freebies" is not good or even recommended for you or your blood pressure.

0 Kudos