Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HDMI Extender Cable

Jump to solution

@Glynger 

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure to input your serial number correctly? A common issue we have been seeing is that user are inputting the letter "O" instead of the number "0". 

In addition, where are you currently located?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

The extender provides two functions: 

1) moves the stick further away from the TV/AVR (for potentially less interference), and

2) has a tighter HDMI physical plug FF (narrower and thinner than the sticks), allowing the stick models to be used in TVs/AVRs with tighter HDMI port spacing/clearances.

spinedr
Level 7

Re: Free HDMI® extender Web Page Not Working?

Jump to solution

Same problems sad that you purchase a product and can not make it work without going to amazon to buy it and wait for weeks on end for it to arrive.

0 Kudos
Zig613
Level 7

Re: Free HDMI® extender Web Page Not Working?

Jump to solution

After giving up on the webpage application to get the HMDI extender I tried contacting Customer Service via e-mail.  I received an answer within 24 hrs. and they said one would be forwarded to me.  This morning I received a notice from the courier with a tracking number noting that the HDMI extender is in transit. 

After the mishaps with the webpage application I will give kudos to Roku's customer service for a quick response and corrective action to my issue

0 Kudos
MillieVH
Level 7

Re: HDMI

Jump to solution

Well, it would help if that explanation was given on the form that we're attempting to fill out only to be told over and over again that the serial number is incorrect. Really, could you make it more confusing?!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MillieVH 

Thanks for the post.

When inputting your serial number, please make sure that you are using "zeros" instead of the letter "O". In addition, where are you currently located?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gonskeen
Level 7

Re: Free HDMI Extender: A Rant

Jump to solution

we have the streaming stick, AND just bought the streaming stick plus. totally agree that the extender should be included in the box with the other set up accessories in case it is needed! 

0 Kudos
Gonskeen
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny: Your ordering page for the free HDMI Extender Cable is a NIGHTMARE! I know I am entering the serial numbers for my stick, and stick plus correctly. But when I press continue, NOTHING happens. others are clearly having the same issue. I have written to customer support to ask for two extender cables (one for each of my sticks) asap because i need them. You folks should fix the ordering form, and SOON. It is very frustrating. Thanks.    

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Gonskeen,

We're very sorry to hear of the troubles. I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help you.

Kindly send me a private message with your Roku account email address, your current country location, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
mbs1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well I ordered the free extender because roku stick too big for HDML port on my TV but extender was same size, where do I get the right size, from TV manufacturer or? Help!

0 Kudos