Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI extender

Jump to solution

This is nothing more than a short HDMI extension cable with a female connection at one end and a male connection at the other.   If you don't want to wait for shipping, you may be able to find one locally.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
DavidH1
Level 8

Re: HDMI

Jump to solution

I previously bought a Roku stick and asked for and received the short HDMI extender. I just bought the Roku Premiere stick and every time I enter the serial number, it gets kicked back as the wrong number. How can I get the same short HDMI extender so I can use the stick? Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: HDMI

Jump to solution

The Premiere is not a stick, so that website will reject your serial number.  

Sticks have a male HDMI plug as their output which can plug directly into the tv's HDMI jack. The extender just acts as an extension cord, via a female jack at one end and a male plug at the other

Non-sticks output via a female HDMI jack.  You don't need an extender, you need a standard HDMI cable with mail HDMI plugs at both ends that will plug into the jacks on both the Roku and tv.  Did one not come with your Premiere?

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
alishaarrr
Level 7

Free HDMI Extender: A Rant

Jump to solution

I just upgraded to a new Roku Streaming Stick+ so I can cast to my TV using Apple Airplay. Super happy that Roku now supports this tech. 

You can imagine my annoyance when my new Roku device arrives, only to be unable to fit it into any of the HDMI ports on my TV. 

Clearly, Roku is aware of this issue, because they offer to send you a free HDMI extender cable to resolve the problem! 

Why on EARTH would you design a product that fails to fit in so many standard TVs? And if you must, why would you NOT include an appropriate cable solution? 

You've passed on the hassle to your customers of fiddling around with the device, finding it doesn't fit, going online, requesting an extender cable, and waiting for it to arrive in the mail. What a horrible customer experience. 

Seriously, guys -- redesign your device so it's compatible with most TVs or, better yet, include an extender cable or L-shaped adapter so we don't have to have this issue with a new product. 

Strega
Level 15

Re: Free HDMI Extender: A Rant

Jump to solution

I know it was just a rant, but Roku's come in stick form factors as well as several box formats that connect with a normal HDMI cable.  If the space behind your TV looks tight, you might prefer the latter. 

0 Kudos
DavidH1
Level 8

Jump to solution

hi... it wasn't my rant, and I did find out about the difference between the stick and the other units. Thanks for your help.

atc98092

Jump to solution

@alishaarrr wrote:

I just upgraded to a new Roku Streaming Stick+ so I can cast to my TV using Apple Airplay. Super happy that Roku now supports this tech. 

You can imagine my annoyance when my new Roku device arrives, only to be unable to fit it into any of the HDMI ports on my TV. 

Clearly, Roku is aware of this issue, because they offer to send you a free HDMI extender cable to resolve the problem! 

Why on EARTH would you design a product that fails to fit in so many standard TVs? And if you must, why would you NOT include an appropriate cable solution? 

You've passed on the hassle to your customers of fiddling around with the device, finding it doesn't fit, going online, requesting an extender cable, and waiting for it to arrive in the mail. What a horrible customer experience. 

Seriously, guys -- redesign your device so it's compatible with most TVs or, better yet, include an extender cable or L-shaped adapter so we don't have to have this issue with a new product. 

If the Stick form factor doesn't fit your TV, then instead purchase the Premiere or the Ultra. Both of them use a regular HDMI cable and allow you to place the player wherever you'd like. The Premiere doesn't come with a WiFi Direct remote, you you need line of sight for the IR remote to work. Or you can purchase a WiFi remote and then put the Premiere somewhere out of sight if desired. The Ultra comes with a WiFi Direct remote. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Zig613
Level 7

Free HDMI® extender Web Page Not Working?

Jump to solution

I recently bought a Roku Streaming+ stick model 3810. I need the HDMI extender to be able to plug them into my TV. I tried requesting the free HDMI extenders on  https://my.roku.com/HDMI  however, I am continuously getting an error message after I fill out the application.  this has been ongoing for the past couple of days.  Does anyone from Roku monitor forum so they know there is a problem with this page?

Thanks,

Wade

0 Kudos
Glynger
Level 7

HDMI Extender Cable

Jump to solution

Hi, brand new Roku Streaming Stick+ just arrived via Amazon (yay!) but owing to the position of the HDMI on my TV I need the extender cable. Have tried to order using web address supplied but system "unable to process order, please try again" very frustrating is this normal can anyone help please ? Thank you 😊 

0 Kudos
fluke
Level 13

Re: HDMI Extender Cable

Jump to solution

@Glynger wrote:

Hi, brand new Roku Streaming Stick+ just arrived via Amazon (yay!) but owing to the position of the HDMI on my TV I need the extender cable. Have tried to order using web address supplied but system "unable to process order, please try again" very frustrating is this normal can anyone help please ? Thank you 😊 

The free extender cable offer was for the previous Roku Streaming Stick (without a Plus).

It was being provided because several people found the antenna built into that generation of Streaming Stick was having trouble connecting to wifi networks.  The extension cable was intended to move the position of the stick low enough that the TV would no longer block the signal.  Instead of recall the product, they provided a free work-around for those impacted.

With the Streaming Stick+ you are provided an external antenna built into the power cord.  The wifi issue should not impact you.

If you need a short extension cord or right handle adapter, I would recommend ordering a cheap one from someplace else.  Since the Streaming Stick (again, without a Plus) that had the issue has not been sold for a couple years, it is likely the offer for a free extension cable is stale.

0 Kudos