Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fawn
Reel Rookie

HDMI extender cable doesn’t work

Jump to solution

I just received my HDMI extended cable from Roku for two of my TVs that I purchased a Roku stick. However I cannot get the Roku streaming sticks to work. But if I disconnect the extenders that Roku sent me both Roku streaming sticks work fine. I think I received two defected extenders. One of the streaming sticks is a 3800X-Roku Streaming Stick on a Panasonic smart TV and the other is a 3800RW-Roku Streaming Stick on a VIZIO smart TV. Can somebody please help me? I’m at my whits end 😞

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDMI extender cable doesn’t work

Jump to solution

@Fawn

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

If the HDMI extenders that we sent you were not working, we would recommend simply requesting another HDMI extender through the form that you used to request the first time around. Hopefully the next set of extenders we send you will be able to work.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Fawn

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

If the HDMI extenders that we sent you were not working, we would recommend simply requesting another HDMI extender through the form that you used to request the first time around. Hopefully the next set of extenders we send you will be able to work.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fawn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  I followed your suggestion and requested the extenders again. I provided the model and serial numbers for each extender. However, that was back in February of this year and I still have not received the two extenders. please let me know what else I can do. Maybe Roku needs to have a recall on these devices. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Fawn

Thanks for the follow up. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RandomRJ

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Hi Danny,

I would like to fill out the form for my Roku Streaming Stick +, but it is not accepting the Serial Number from from the about page.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
woodworkerii
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The "Free HDMI Extender" ordering page would not accept my order until I filled in my address in the "standard" USPS format" (i.e. 123 MAIN ST) - uppercase, standard abbreviations, no punctuation, etc. Also try using the S/N on found on the on-screen Roku Account Page rather than the number printed on the device.

Good luck.

0 Kudos