Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thecoop
Reel Rookie

HDMI control on Ultra doesnt work, 4K stick does

Have two Roku, a 4K stick, and Ultra.

With the 4K stick plugged into the Denon AVR connected to LG TV, using the roku remote power button turns on the TV, the AVR, and sets the correct input. Also can control the volume of receiver through TV CEC.

Unplug that, and plug the Ultra into the EXACT SAME HDMI PORT, and the roku remote power button turns on the TV only, the receiver does not power on, and I cant control the volume of anything. When I try to change the volume I get a "mute" symbol on the TV.

I can plug the 4K stick back in and everything works perfectly, plug the ultra back in and nothing works.

All settings seem identical. It's making my brain hurt. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI control on Ultra doesnt work, 4K stick does

With Ultra plugged into the tv, refresh the cec devices in the tv settings. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
thecoop
Reel Rookie

I've unplugged TV, turned the "SIMPLINK" on/off/on. I dont see/cant find any way to manually "refresh" the devices on an LG tv.

0 Kudos
thecoop
Reel Rookie

Simply plugging the Ultra into the AVR disables volume/ARC control on all HDMI ports, not just the one its plugged into. Unplug the ultra, volume control works great on PS5 or other input devices. Plug Ultra in, volume control is disabled for everything.

I mean what is that all about? Seems insane. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Try looking at the audio settings on the Ultra and the Stick.  Are they the same?

0 Kudos