Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psychmom
Level 7

HDMI cable needed for Xfinity?

Just purchased a new Roku TV.   The HDMI connection on the TV is smaller than the current cable we have connected to our Xfinity X1 set top box.  Do I need a HDMI cable with Xfinity and if so are there cables available with both the larger and smaller connections?  Or an adapter?  Or will I need a new box? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Strega
Level 15

Re: HDMI cable needed for Xfinity?

Are you saying that your TV uses a Micro-HDMI?  I have seen/used those, but only on things like small computing devices - never on the TV side.  Any chance there is some confusion between HDMI and USB?  What is the model of the TV? Can you post a picture?

0 Kudos
psychmom
Level 7

I can't seem to add pics.

It is an Element model E4AA65R

4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution.

The connections on the HDMI cable we currently have between the Xfinity box and old TV are larger than the HDMI port on new TV.  

(Not confusing USB and HDMI)

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

401487-60-inch-and-larger-tvs-element-e4aa65r-g-10013784

This is something I Bing'd up that is apparently that model.  Does yours look like that?  Those connectors look pretty typical, which raises the question of what the Xfinity connector is.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

I tried searching for pictures of the back of xfinity x1 boxes, but the pictures I found looked a lot like what I saw on the TV picture above.

0 Kudos
psychmom
Level 7

Yes they look similar but are smaller and according to my husband the hdmi cable we have does not fit.  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

HDMI is an international standard. If the cable doesn't fit, it isn't an HDMI cable, or the jack isn't HDMI. I'm certain the jacks in the TV are HDMI, but I'd have to see the cable that you're attempting to connect to say for certain what it is. 

As mentioned, there are mini-HDMI connectors, but the only devices I've ever seen them used is on computers. And there's an obvious difference in size between the two. It almost sounds like you might have a Display Port or Firewire cable, although why Xfinity would have such a connection is beyond me. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Here is something I found that lists HDMI connector types.  Maybe it will help?

https://www.electronics-notes.com/articles/audio-video/hdmi/hdmi-connectors.php#:~:text=HDMI%20uses%....

I've never seen anything except a Type A on a TV.

0 Kudos
psychmom
Level 7

OMG....took husband's word that cable didn't fit.
It does. Ports are on the very bottom of TV so it was hard to see and feel I guess. SMDH.
All I need is a right angle adapter to make it easier.

Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos